Frequently Asked Questions

In order to stay in France or Europe and travel after the end of the visa validity, students must leave the Schengen Zone before the visa expires. 

Students can then re-enter the Schengen Zone after leaving, and they can stay in the Schengen Zone for up to 90 days as a tourist. 

Students need to ensure their passport is stamped at the port of entry when they re-enter the Schengen Zone in order to ensure that they can be considered a tourist for the 90-day period. 

If you are currently in France on a valid student visa, you have the right to work up to 964 total hours per year. The year in question is considered to be the 12 months following the issue date of your residence permit. You cannot work if your residence permit has expired. More information can be found on this document and at

Non-Columbia students participating on Columbia-led Programs during the semester and academic year will receive Columbia grades for the work completed. Grades are generally available within 2 months of the program end date.

Once grades are received and submitted by the program, you can request a transcript from the Columbia Registrar.

All non-Columbia students are billed a transcript fee which entitles them to unlimited transcripts for life.

Please follow your home school's procedures for requesting credit once you have received your transcript from Columbia.